| Had a pretty good Friday today. Fantastic improvement from Thursday (12th Aug)….*Rewind Mode* Whereby I woke up feeling like I had been drinking the whole night with a massive throbing headache.. then which I had to take a 1 day leave cos I didn’t feel like going to the doc. But nevertheless made full use of the day clearing my mind of all “dark clouds” and “ What ifs”. Dropped by my dad’s lawyer friend’s firm fer a visit… chatted abit with him who was able to give me pretty sound advice…. and viola! Medicine as good as a doc’s… I felt instantly better.. hah. The power of words… Then I gave myself some retail therapy… happily feasted my eyes on shoes & slippers (my urm…you could say … somewhat small fetish) But am proud to say, I didn’t give in to my first, second or third whim to purchase a single pair of footwear… nope. Errrr…. But I did buy a white leather bag though *sheepish grinz*… but not before the purchase undertook my 3 step needs analysis test… Ahem… he heh. This is how I justify my buying wants …dunno if you guys do something like this too… No.1: Ask myself, “ You sure you can survive the rest of the month after buying this?” No. 2: “Does it look good on me? Really good? How good?” and last but not least…. No. 3: “ You sure ya gonna use it gal? At all? Seriously? ” Well, if all 3 answers are Yes, then most probably I would buy it after much consideration… Yuppie… but I guess we all have some form of purchasing strategy of our own ya…
Spent a worthwhile Friday evening with my jie meis a mutual friend watching the Spook show organized by my church. It was pretty spooky alright! Strips of cloth flying over the audience’s heads seemingly without any attached strings, flying table swooping off the stage and into midair above the audience… eating of razor blades & making them reappear, all tied in a str8 line on a string when pulled out of the person’s mouth… human audience levitation…really she levitated!! And the illusion of pulling the heart out of a person’s body… wow.. really amazing. But… don’t worry, my church is not into occultism la. Its all as I said, illusions, meant to trick your eyes & your senses, your physical body. More than that, it was to send a message to the audience that spirits can be as real as you and me, but don’t be fooled by the tricks of the world that fool your eyes. Allow god to guide your path always & let his light lead the way. Im sure that spoke to many people cause hundreds of people went forward to accept God into their lives tonight. Thank God for his goodness. Well…. After the show, was pretty hungry… so left in search of some food. Ended up eating at Marina Sq Hans… not much was left cause it was near closing time, but was pretty yummy my chicken salad.. Heh. After chatting abit, we left in search of an alternate place to hang out cos Hans was practically chasing their customers away by switching off all the lights… man. In the end, I decided to go over to Grace’s place fer a lil chat n snack session (tomato twisties, Ritter Sport white chocolate, fruity gummy bears & grace's mum's soup!).. delon went cheong… n celine went Clarke Quay… so we parted ways for different night activities. But Im glad I did get home early, cos am feelin quite tired already somehow.. another long day tomorrow.. ah well, guess I shall log off here. Hope to have more exciting updates in my next blog-in… meantime, take care! blog-out. Rockin Regards, Stephie |
Friday, August 13, 2004
Friday the 13th
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment