Tuesday, March 28, 2006

True Blessing

This week has been one that has been a true blessing from God. I found the strength to go through each day and even enjoyed my lessons with my children, even though it still meant the routine scolding & nagging.
Was reflecting on whether I had been doing enough to stimulate the children’s thinking for their growth & wondering if I would make a good teacher. Would I make it in the education line for long?

I wish I had a definite answer for that. But in that uncertainty, I cannot deny the fact that what I’m doing is the most meaningful thing so far… It’s having a chance to build into the lives & influence the young ones that I treasure. Being part of their live is so precious.

It takes hard work and determination, perseverance not to conform (especially to some negative remarks & thoughts from colleagues), & creativity for fresh ideas daily to keep the children interested and excited to learn. Truth be told, the many times when I run to the end of myself, I would remember the prayer I made the beginning of the day, or the night before I slept, for God to bless my day, to grant me favor and give me the strength & joy that comes from Him alone. And truly God is always faithful to provide, to bless & to bring joy to my heart.

In the midst of the rain, I may not be able to see beyond the hill in front of me, but I shall march forward in faith and have peace in knowing God has a great plan for my life. I will wait upon Him patiently, seeking for Him to reveal His will for me. Even in the rain, God has a purpose:

Everyone who drinks this water (water that woman is drawing from the well) will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life” John 4:13-14


I need you…Remain in me Oh Lord.

No comments: