The power of a written and spoken word. Words can break you or build you. It can haunt you or encourage you.
Today at school we celebrated Teacher’s Day. For the first time, I experienced how my teachers would have felt like many years ago, when they were showered with cards, gifts, hugs, appreciation and the works. It felt better than striking lottery. Not that I ever did la…. Oh but well you know what I mean right? Heh.
What were most precious to me were not the beautiful gifts, flowers and store bought cards. But rather it was the scruffy looking pencil written notes… all 30 of them laid in a simple box presented to me by them, decorated with a white balloon flower. Each note was special to me because each child in my primary one form class took time to think about what to say & took effort to write it out. They may write the simplest to the most heart warming things to you, but you know they do mean it with sincere hearts without any hidden motive. Here I would like to share a few with you:
“Im sorry I am noisy in class. I will help you & not be noisy on Monday.” (Noisiest Boy)
“Thank you for teaching me. Happy teacher day” (Cleverest Boy)
“I’m so lucky because you are my teacher. I love you.”
“teacher I like you. I like you to be my teacher.” (By this really proud and tough guy)
“teacher I love you very much.”
They may seem like normal kiddy notes, but to me they are like diamonds. I am enjoying my teaching experience so far. These 3 months have been a testing ground for me to see if I like or can cope with the real teaching life. So far what has been clear to me is that the more time I spend with them, the more attachment and love I have for them. Sad to say, gonna miss my kids a lot when I finish teaching that class come mid September. Sobz……. think I need a hankie….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment