Wednesday, January 02, 2008

My Israel Encounter

Heya one and all... as some of you may know, i went on an Israel trip, from 24 Nov - 6Dec 2007 last year. Here is a little reflection & take away from my experience there, beyond all those kodak moments...

I heard
My heart swells in excitement… each time my mind ponders upon the things my eyes have seen, what my heart has captured and experienced in the land of Israel. I’m awed by the reality of God’s love, and honoured to be able to witness the divine convergence of history and His faithful story for His beloved children from a long time back till this present moment. It’s the greatest love story yet to be concluded.

A wonderful gift I’ve personally come to receive is a fresh love for reading the word of God & hearing what God is speaking to me through it. It is the real present that was pre-sent to us even before we were born. But as I find renewed zeal for His word, I also have to grasp firmly onto the other end of the rod, where Jesus says, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." repeatedly through Matthew, Mark, & Luke. Indeed He, who has blessed me with ears, let me hear. So that i do not miss out on what God has to reveal to me.

I saw
Not even a thousand photographs could encapsulate the magnificence of her presence. I cannot help but to stand in amazement of God’s creation. With the expanse of unbounded beauty unravelled before my eyes… So beautiful it is that it’s almost always overlooked. Its harmonious symphony almost taken for granted that it will always be there…‘morn after ‘morn.
I can truly embrace Psalms 19 which declares in verses 1-3,

“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.”

I’m moved
Someone seems to have pushed the ‘play’ button. I’ve come to understand things I never did before, as I re-read portions of scripture with fresh eyes. One of which was Mary, Jesus mother's, encounter with the Lord’s angel, Gabriel. (In Luke 1:26-38) The Lord used Mary's life as an example for me to examine carefully, the attitude Mary chose to respond to her Lord with. Why she was willing was because she was at rest in her God. I am reminded that the Lord can use the ordinary to be extraordinary. Through this, the Lord also spoke to me about a key principle behind the Sabbath; Having a Spirit that is at rest in Him.

Like how a Crafts master unravels his master plan only to whom He knows is ready to receive it, so does our Lord reveals his plans to those who truly seek to be participants & not spectators. Bit by bit, my ignorant mind seem to be able to connect some of the many jig-saw pieces, and grasp a little more of our awesome Creator. His strong desire for all Creation to worship him becomes endearingly personal, when He reveals things… in His own perfect time.

No comments: