Thursday, December 23, 2004

New Year, New Heart, New Me.

Hey... seems like a gazillion years since i last blogged... Came back from Cambodia just almost a week ago already, & this sat is Christmas! Man on man... how time rockets*grinz*
Trying to find the right words to describe my trip to Cambodia… it was most definitely a worthwhile trip of a lifetime. Got me to focus on other things other than my life & myself. Seeing, watching & participating in the simplicity of life, & learning the way of life the villagers lived, witnessing the simple faith of giving & sharing even though they have nothing to begin with really touched my heart. Really makes me wonder how blessed Singaporeans can be; yet unknowingly they are sometimes the most selfish people. The more they try to gain, the more they lose.
One incident demonstrates what I mean. We played with many of the children during our stay at Cambodia. One of the villages I stayed at in Svay Reang, a remote village, had many children, but unfortunately very little toys to share around. The local village boys’ prized possessions & pride were marbles. Only the “best players” had more than 3 marbles. On the morning we were scheduled to leave the village & as we bid the people goodbye, one of the boys ran up to my friends & I, he pried open our palms, & pressed into them a few smooth round balls, & then gave us a big grin as he looked into our eyes. He gave us his marbles. I couldn’t help but to tear & hug him. It’s the simplicity and bigness of heart I so grew to love in Cambodia. Nothing I explain can ever suffice unless you were there to experience what it means.
I have so much to share, so much to tell. I’ll be glad to share more stories with you… of the miracles of life, God’s goodness & love… & more. But only if you want to open your ears to hear them.
Will try to post up some pics soon on this blog. In the meantime, please take care people. Christmas is around the corner… Double Chocolate Triple Fudge Yey!!! grinz

No comments: