The average human lifespan is about 25,550 days. I’ve lived out bout 30 Percent of it. How am I gonna live the remaining 70 Percent? That’s the ultimate question I pose to myself before I turn 21 at the end of this year. Joyfully? With a purpose? I hope for both. Heh. (I’ll have my cake & eat it too please, thank you!)
What’s my birthday wish this year? Well…. Lets see, there are lotsa gleeful things in my mind I could ask for or get for myself on my 21st birthday... for example, a holiday retreat to some spa beach resort (Bali anyone? Heh...), a digital camera, a new mobile, the ipod mini, a new watch, a new wallet… a Man- Utd jersey... a studio makeover, plastic surgery…….. hahahaha, like real! That last part you can scrape… I like myself pretty much la (Don’t want God to ask, “Who the heck are You? I don’t remember creating something like that… sorry no entry to heaven!) Woo Hoo.. that would be the ultimate disaster man.. he heh.
Okok, sooooooory got carried away… anyway… yup, so these are basically the material mortal items that would fulfil my life, & sorta make it better in a way. But deep inside, I desire for something more. I long for the fulfillment of God’s destiny for me in my life. Huh? What’s that you may ask… well, we all have choices to make in life.. agree? And it is true, that we are FREE to make these choices in our lives. But the way I see it, sometimes the choices we make ourselves are not part of God’s plan for our ultimate purpose we are here on earth for. Im currently reading a book by Rick Warren, called the “Purpose Driven Life”, which speaks simple but profound truths about leading your life, the fulfilling way. I find it refreshing, and it perks up my day each morning I read a chapter of it. (Only lesser than 10 pages each chpt! So its easy to grasp..) Before I end, I hope to share what I have read today that I found meaningful. Hope it’s inspirational and may it give u the motivation to press on, no matter what phase you are in you life right now… it has for me.
Excerpt from the book by Rick Warren - The Purpose Driven Life:
“ …You can usually succeed in reaching a goal if you put your mind to it. But being successful & fulfilling your life’s purpose are not at all the same issue! You could reach all your personal goals, becoming a raving success by the world’s standard, and still miss the purposes for which God created you…. The Bible says, “ Self-help is no help at all. Self sacrifice (Meaning giving all those things you desire, you are searching for… things that says “Me”) is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self.” … The easiest way to discover the purpose of an invention is to ask the creator of it… without God, life makes no sense…”
Don’t make sense? Ask me… Im most happy to explain… or, ask God? *Smiles* I’m praying for your happiness always my friends.
Keep On Keeping On
:: Stephie ::
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment