Tuesday, June 06, 2006

School Hols


Haha… surprise! Finally I blogged something in sucha long long looong time..

It’s the sch hols fer me now till the end of June. Then come end July it’s off to NIE for studying. So in the meantime, I’m packing my room, exercising, learn driving & catching up with people, all those miscellaneous things that are important… I thank God for the time to do them now. I’m particularly grateful for the extended time I can spend to pause for a moment… & refocus myself back to where I am in my life right now.

It’s too easy to be caught up in the hussle and bussle of everyday life and forget even to think how you feel you know. As I reflected on my past few months, I just can’t help but to be grateful for all the blessings and favour God has blessed me with. I saw God’s hand moving in my life. He remembers my every prayer… big and small.

I remembered vividly one of the mornings, as my dad drove me to school at 6.30am (Thank God for him!) It was one of those timetable combinations where I knew it would be a long tough day… and I heard myself telling God to bless my day with his favour, that He would make everything beautiful. Almost immediately over the horizon, I saw a peek of a beautiful orange streaked hue in the sky. A drive 100 metres down that road confirmed the delight my heart felt. It was sunrise!
I felt God gently reminding me that He would make my day as beautiful as the sunrise... because I love the sunrise. That totally made my day! And indeed God was faithful to his promise, because everything that happened that day, I had the strength and patience to carry it through, b’cos God was with me. That made all the difference to me in the world.


A Shepherd’s Psalm:
“ The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff they comfort me. …. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.”
PSALMS 23

No comments: