Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Rainy Rainy Rain... Rain Down on Me!!!

Just a few days ago… I remember sharing with a friend & brother, that whenever it rains… I always feel as if God was crying, or that He sends the rain to wash away the sins/dirt in my life. Have you ever felt the cool refreshing air kiss your skin as the gentle breeze lingers after the rain? Have you ever closed your eyes to enjoy the smell of the crisp unadulterated fresh air of the after rain? I simply love it. It always seems like a new chance, a new beginning is given to me all over again to right my wrongs. Just yesterday in class, I was sharing with my P2 kids in Health Ed lesson on how to have a healthy body. One of my children asked me “How does the Earth keep healthy?” I began telling them of ways humans can help to do that… as well as being conscious that the God given rain helps too… by watering the living things, providing water for animals (& humans) and cleansing the Earth.
Strangely or rather divinely, the Lord has been using the rain to teach me many things this week.

Deuteronomy 11:11-15
“But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains and valleys that drinks rain from heaven. It is a land the Lord your God cares for; the eyes of the Lord your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end…. Love the Lord your God and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul – then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and oil. I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.”

Psalms 147:8-11
“He covers the sky with clouds; He supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills. He provides food for the cattle and for the young ravens when they call. His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man. The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.”

The rain brings about the reminder of the Lord’s goodness to provide for all of our needs, He never forgets us, the dreams that we have, the prayers we make to Him, and most of all… He never forgets to tell us He Loves Us and wants to provide for us through all times. The rain is a way of God telling us that our sins are forgiven, He cries whenever we cry, b’cos He cares for us through the big and the small things. The Lord’s love never fails… it is the only constant in my life I can depend on always. You can too. In fact I think deep down inside… You know it too. So come, drink the rain of God’s abundant love for you.

And just in case you forget, remember to bring a brollie out these few weeks will ya? It’s gonna be rainy… hee.

All My Love, Stephie

No comments: