Sunday, October 02, 2005

Restoration & Peace

Everywhere around you, you are surrounded by the awesome presence of creation.

I just went for a run at Macritchie a few hours ago. Upon sensing I was reaching the edge of the clearing (After a while you recognize the ‘landmark’ bushels and trees), I pushed myself forward like a runner straining ahead for the ultimate prize… I heard the symphony of the melodic wind whipping past my ears. And at the end of it, I burst out into the open field and what a treat! What a delight… such a sight to behold for my lovely eyes; To witness the day’s end winding down over diamond sparkling tranquil waters… only playfully disturbed by the turtles climbing on shore to rest. O! What a pleasure it was… for the soft radiant warmth of an orange sunset to kiss my skin so gently yet satisfying with so much depth. I inhaled deeply and breathed in the sweet crisp breath of the after rain. It felt so good.

There is nothing more magical than being conscious that the awesome power of God is quietly shouted through the intricate simplicity of a leaf and the breathtaking power of the wind. All around us are reminders that the best we can do apart from God- The creator of everything, is to approximate life. We can manufacture only a cheap imitation. It can never quite equal out.

It says in Psalms 19:1-2 “ the skies proclaim the work of his hands, Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge…”
Indeed the masterpiece in the skies everyday never fails to amaze me… they speak volumes and touches you in the right places… it’s as unfailing and as faithful as God himself to me.

In this journey of seeking & waiting upon the Lord to find my path, I know He has a wonderful plan in store. I’m taking time to open my heart, ears & eyes to feel, hear and see the things through different eyes. In a week’s time, I’ll be off to East Timor to serve the youths of that nation. They are the 80% of the ET population, & also the new generation that brings hope to their country that has just attained their independence not past a decade ago. My efforts may be small, but I take delight in knowing that I can be part of helping an Asian neighbour in need.. and that my life is used worthwhile as each passing day goes by.

Heard bout the recent Bali bombing again? I’m actually flying into Bali & staying there before waiting to book the one and only domestic flight into East Timor. “Am I worried? Should I be?” I asked myself these questions when I heard of the news. I can confidently say that I’m not worried, be’cos God is in control, I trust in Him who made the heavens and the earth… and the One who also made me. Even if I died while serving the nations, I would say it was a good death that ended well. But I also believe that my time is not up, cos there a million things I wanna do for God and to be used by Him to help many others before I go to meet Him in heaven so… if anyone is hearing out there… please hear my prayer! Heh.

Alrighty, this has been a long read for you guys, me gotta sleep already too.. gtg teach tomorrow. Catch up with you guys soon… Have a blessed week by God… to endure and have strength to carry on in whatever you need it for. May you enjoy the journey in whatever you do. Love you all!

In His Love, Stephie

No comments: