Sunday, June 12, 2005

Divine Moments

Started meeting up with friends that I haven seen in quite a while. And strangely enuf, it was in the midst of my busy-ness with camp preparations for the coming weeks. Divine appointment that I had a chance to meet up with them, as they were all very unplanned and at the spur of the moment sort of get togethers.

As I hear from them, about how work, how their personal life and all has been, even as their eyes sparkled with excitement while talking about their passions and their hands animated with gusto to illustrate their points… in all of them conversations with them, I just suddenly thought to myself, “How wonderful it was that God allowed us to have friends.” And how multi faceted the word “Friendship” meant.

We meet various sorts of people in our lives. Each of which I believe we meet for a reason. But I also know that you totally agree with me when I say, not more than trickle palm full of them turn out to be true friends. Yet, I put it to you today, that what if I told you my friend, that every single person we meet, and every single trial and happenings we go through are there as a learning process in our lives?

Every single day is a learning lesson for me. With every problem I face, either with people or with issues, as long as I still see it as a problem, it will always be a lesson I will have to relearn over and over till I get it. Life is one big training ground. You learn how to love each other more, You learn how to give better, in an imperfect world, much as I am an imperfect girl. Sometimes, you realize that the biggest problem in your life, might just be the person staring right back at you in the mirror reflection.

My only source of strength these days, is from my God. He has taught me how to love, because he first loved me. My hope and joy is eternally found in him. Through him, I can learn to love others as he does. As God loves us unconditionally, with no strings attached, let us too learn to seek his face and not just his hands. Meaning to know and love him for who he is… not what he can do for you. Does this sound familiar to you? “ Oh God, I pray that if you let me do well for my exams, I will go to church and thithe for 3 weeks… please oh please….” Yeah. We do that all the time. So…. Think about it.


No comments: