Sunday, November 21, 2004

The typical updates on the night after a great birthday party…he heh. Im writing this for the benefit of helping myself remember better and also to reflect alil on the past 21 years of my life.

Memorable Highlights Of The Party –
(1) Preparation of the buffet dinner with my Mum & Dad… woke up at 6am to start cooking, slicing & dicing! *Heh* But was superbly great fun, and trust me, a definitely bonding activity for anyone… The menu included, Fragrant Bak Kwa pineapple rice, Yummy Bee Hoon, Sweet & Sour Prawns, Famous Banana Leaf Muar Fish Otah, BBq Honey Pork Ribs, Curry Chicken, Brocolli & Mushrooms, Assorted Seafood Balls & Nuggets, Fresh Vinegarette Salad, Chunky Potato Bacon Bits Salad & Ching Teng! Other yummilicious foodies we bought were miniature chicken mushroom pies, and assorted cakes plus cut fruits…. Needless to say we were stuffed! Haha…
(2) Thankful for all the help from Queenie and Celine who came over to my house to help me unload and unpack for the party at Aranda… plus a few helpful secondary school friends who were mobilized to help pack up at the end too…
(3) Emotional notes of disappointment when I was told JT might not come… then realized at the end that it was meant to be a trick… cruel people… haha… but he did come, & I couldn’t be more glad *grinz*
(4) Receiving the perfect gift from my 2 dearest Jie Meis in the whole wide world… how I felt was indescribable. The gigantic frame done up with lotsa effort and love means so much to me. I love you both bery bery much!!! Tee Hee… Of cos I won forget Lor Mee who helped to sort out the alphabet macoroni… he heh… The masterpiece deserves a solo place on my wall…
(5) For the precious time all my friends gave to attend my 21st… im very grateful and thank god for each of them. Of cos that doesn’t mean I don appreciate those that were unable to come la, im also equally jus as thankful for all of you guys who remember to drop me a msg…
(6) The post party stay over gang made my evening more complete and enjoyable. Played silly games like taking turns to open the pages of a phone directory, and cards, the person with the lowest last numerical number of the page number drinks up! Crazy short pillow fights, and just sleeping in cozy company of your friends… just something I treasure.

Reflection Of My Past 21 Years –
Im thankful for God giving me my family, who have always been supportive of me no matter what I get myself into. Im also grateful for my friends, for my jie meis whom I know God has placed in my life to be my pillars of support and strength. Im thankful I have a job that I enjoy… and for the opportunities to share my love and give of myself to others.
Although throughout, my love life hasn’t always been the smoothest of sail, I thank god for seeing me through all the ups and downs, with courage I shall look forward and not be afraid to move on. With every goodbye, I learn. (I hope)
All in all, I would say I have had a pretty satisfying past 21 years, trying to figure out what I want outta life, outta love. Now its time to live that out. To have that fulfilling life I want. After that, Im pretty satisfied. Yeah…. Heh. Love Ya guys…

No comments: