Ever got so caught stuck like an insect in a spider web situation whereby you don’t know what is the best thing to do? Like time just Had to stop for you to breathe, and inertia sets in making everything you do seem slower.
I really do believe that sometimes, Ignorance is Bliss. Because what you don’t know, you can’t tell. And then you wouldn’t have to struggle with the decision of whether or not are you wise enough to know how to use the information you know… to put things right. To tell it might cause disastrous unforeseen consequences. Yet telling it seems the right thing to do.
Can only pray now that God will give me the wisdom, to know how to use the knowledge on hand.
Ever since I started working I realized this. Truly when you are out there in the marketplace, your values in life are tested. You gotta be street smart for the prowlers not to devour you with their devious tricks. Wolves in Sheep skin are more common than you think. Don’t you know sometimes they are just right beside you? Well at least for me, I feel I need to wise up some. Maybe it’s the way im wired. Naturally I’m a person who will give people the benefit of the doubt most of the time, and am willing to give 2nd chances simply b’cos I would hope people would give me a 2nd chance too. Do Unto Others, what You want Others to Do Unto You.
What are some of the ethical standards you have set for yourself in life? Do you just live daily by the fallen standards of the world? Like going with the flow, and since everyone is doing This, I think it’s alright that I do it too? No…. it shouldn’t be that way. Have a mindset of what you know is right and wrong, then stick by it. No Ifs, no Buts. For example, my boss sometimes will request for me to change the scenario of the story just so it will make life easier to explain himself or make the company look good. I do struggle a lot to say “I’m sorry but don’t think its right for me to lie to XXX. I will explain it in a different way to XXX, but will I will not lie.” What the heck… sometimes aint it just simple to say, “Okay sure thing... You’re the Boss…” Thus not incurring the wrath of your boss, getting estranged looks from your colleagues and cause more unnecessary headaches to think of a nice way to weasel your way out of a knotty situation. Seriously damn tuff… but I think I will let myself down more if I don’t do it. Am still learning, because I sometimes do give in, then afterwards bash myself up internally in my head for making that compromise. Sheesh man. Oh God help me.
I learnt something meaningful this weekend from service: The sooner we all realize how vulnerable we are to fall, the sooner we admit we are not strong beings and need support in one way or another, the more alert we are ready for an ambush, then the more prepared we are to handle the surprise attack if it really comes. Seriously. Never say, “Nah… that will never happen to me man… I’ve got more common sense that that!” But sometimes my friends, the heart rules over the mind, and the evil nature inside all of us when given a chance rules over the mind. Some tough luck facing your “Doctor Evil” Inner self sometimes… hey don’t look so innocent on me now… You know what I mean.
And surprisingly, your mind can make the biggest fool outta you. What do I mean? Its like when you know you need someone to talk to about something, yet you brush it off thinking you can handle it on your own, “I’m tough, I’m strong enuff and haven I been preparing for this already?” (Like having an escape route planned already if needed) You can fool others, but hey… You can’t fool yourself and God. Don’t be deceived by your mind. Sometimes we all need to learn to be a little cowardice in terms of facing your feelings and coming to terms with talking out your concerns with genuine friends who do care. After all, isn’t it only in front of your true friends that you can truly be yourself without having to care about if they judge you ornot? God is here for you if you need him. He always has been. He made humans meant for fellowship, they bond and form friendships. People on this same ship help to maintain that the ship doesn’t sink. Because they are on that ship too, and they care.
Now I don’t know after talking so much does it really make any sense to you ornot, but I do hope that it has been a meaningful past few minutes for you.
Glad I’m on your Ship!
Love, Stephie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment