Saturday, January 08, 2005

Awareness Of Life

Hey Guys… guess what? I’m starting my first official guitar lesson this Thursday! Yey… *Grinz* Been looking forward to pick it up again & thus made it part of my NY resolution. My guru is the same guy that I’ve been bunking with during the Cambodia trip… he’s the powerhouse… super duper good at the git man. Hope I can catch up fast! (“,)

Been thinking about the meaning of Perfect Love. Is there such a thing? The disillusionment and expectations of it all, and the things we do in order to achieve being loved & feeling loved. The sooner we give up the illusion that we are less than perfect, the faster we quit pretending and start admitting that we’re all imperfect and need the grace & patient understanding of people around us, the easier we are able to help each other up. For in my favorite book, it says: “ Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? … First take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” In a genuine community of people we love, we are put together and tested, to learn unselfishness. We learn to say “we” instead of “I”, and “our” instead of “mine”. Showing preference to other people’s needs comes naturally when you love that person. And I’m not referring to just the romantic kinda love between a woman & a man, but also between friends. Yes its possible to love your friends! Love is an outflow of your heart, and everything good and wonderful just pours out from you when you love. I think you know what I mean. Have committed to myself, to love the people that are difficult to love, & it is not so much for them, but it is for me.. & for you too if you decide to try it. Strange as it may sound, but yeah it’s for my own personal growth as a person, to learn unselfishness, patience & to give back to what God first gave to me. To mould & help me to understand Unconditional Love through putting me through circumstances. Don't conform to the mould of this world, but choose what you should conform to. It won't be easy, but i hope you will allow yourself to be moulded too. Think about it?

Love you!

Simply Stephie.

No comments: